1. What animal will the speakers go to see first?
A B C
2. Which sport does Mike like best?
A B C
3. Where are the speakers now?
A B C
4. How will Mr. Mott go to Beijing?
A B C
5. Where can the woman be?
A. At a library.
B. At the doctor’s.
C. At a bookshop.
6. How often does Steve work on his QQ Farm?
B. Once a week.
C. Every day.
7. Where was Ann last night?
A. At home.
B. At school.
C. In the cinema.
8. What’s the relatio nship (关系) between the two speakers?
A. Teacher and student.
B. Father and daughter.
C. Husband and wife.
9. When did William begin to skate ?
A. Four years ago.
B. Five years ago.
C. Six years ago.
10. Why didn’t Cindy come to Lily’s birthday party?
A. Because she was ill.
B. Because Lily didn’t invite her.
C. Because she forgot it.
11. Which trip does the woman think is tiring?
A. The trip to Mount Tai.
B. The trip to Hainan.
C. The trip to Hong Kong.
12. What does the woman like to do best?
B. Sho pping.
Summer holiday in America
Place: New York Time: From July 5th to 13 .
He went there to learn English. He lived with an American family.
The course (课程) includes: listening, speaking, reading and writing, mostly 14 .
American classes are different from our class because the students are very 15 .
13. A. 5th August B. 15th August C. 25th August
14. A. speaking B. writing C. listening
15. A. few B. free C. fun
16. What kind of passage is it?
A. A story.
B. An advertisement.
C. A play.
17. What kind of people can become a member of that group?
A. People from 12 to 18.
B. All young people.
C. People from 12 to 80.
18. What can those people do?
A. Help patients in hospitals.
B. Help children in schools.
C. Help people in many ways.
19. Who does Susan look after?
B. Old people.
20. What will you do if you want to join the group?
A. Call them or visit them.
B. Call them or visit their website.
C. Visit their website or write to them.
21. This is ______best film I have ever seen. This means I have never seen_______ better one.
A. the; the
B. the; a
C. a; a
D. / ; the
22. ---What did you do _________ your stay in Shanghai? ---Nothing much.
23. __________ the small boy __________ a round face like?
A. How’s, with
B. What’s , with
C. How’s, have
D. What’s, have
24. Here is the book. First ___________ it and then tell me what you think of it.
A. look into
B. look after
C. look up
D. look through
25. ---Which woman is your Chinese teacher, Kate?
--- _______ one of the two is. She is named Li Xiang.
A. The tall
B. A tallest
C. The taller
D. A taller
26. Our class will become ________ quieter if we make ________ noise in it.
A. more, less
B. more, fewer
C. even, fewer
D. much, less
27. I believe _______, because he is _______ honest man.
A. the words he says, a
B. what does he say, an
C. what he says, an
D. he says what, the
28. Be careful not to knock anything _________ the floor when you ________ the bookshelf.
A. off, pass
B. down, passed
C. onto, pass
D. onto, past
29. Helen writes ___________ than __________ girl in her class.
A. more careful, any other
B. more carefully, any other
C. more carefully, the other
D. more careful, the other
30. ---________ do you usually spend ______ the piano? ---Two hours every day.
A. How long, playing
B. How often, playing
C. How soon, to play
D. How much, playing
31. He always seems _______. Now he’s looking ________at his new drawing.
A. happy, happily
B. happy, happy
C. happily, happily
D. happily, happy
32. Would you please __________ us one of your __________ designs?
A. showing, the best
B. show, best
C. to show, best
D. show, the best
33.The little girl kept ________ the house, because she wanted to keep it _________.
A. cleaning, clean
B. cleaning, cleaning
C. clean, clean
D. clean, cleaning
34. Look! A number of people at Renmin Square________something. The number of them
________ about 1000.
A. are talking, are
B. is discussing, is
C. are discussing about, are
D. are discussing, is
35. ---Shall I give my seat to you as you look so tired? ---____________.
A. Not too bad
B. Not at all
C. Do as you like
D. It couldn’t be better
A young woman was driving alone through the country. It 36 dark and raining. Suddenly she saw an old woman by the side of the road, holding her hand out as if(好像) she needed a
“I can’t 37 her out in this weather,” t he woman said to herself, so she stopped the car and opened the door.
“Do you want a lift?” she asked. The old woman nodded and 38 the car. After a while, she said to the old woman, “Do you wait for a long time?” The old woman shook her head. “Strange,” thought the young woman. She tried again, “Bad weather for the time 39 year,” she said. The old woman nodded. Although(虽然) the driver tried some more, the lady said 40 except(除了) for a nod of the head or something else.
Then the young woman 41 the lady’s hands, they were very large and with thick hair. Suddenly, she knew the lady was a 42 ! She stopped the car. “I can’t see that mirror(后视镜) 43 ,” she said, “Please clean it for me, will you?” The lady nodded and opened the door.
As soon as the lady was out of the car, the woman drove off quickly. When she got to the next village, she 44 . She found that the old lady left a handbag behind. She picked it up and opened it. She gave out a deep breath(呼吸). 45 the bag was a gun(枪)!
36. A. was getting B. did C. was doing D. was coming
37. A. throw B. leave C. make D. let
38. A. took in B. got off C. climbed into D. went to
39. A. out B. off C. in D. of
40. A. nothing B. anything C. something D. everything
41. A. searched B. knew C. saw D. looked
42. A. boy B. girl C. woman D. man
43. A. quickly B. clearly C. carefully D. slowly
44. A. feared B. slept C. stood D. stopped
45. A. On B. Out of C. Inside D. Outside
This twelve-hour course(课程) is for people who need to learn about computers. You will learn what computers are, what they can and can’t do and how to use them.
Jan. 4,7,11,14,18,21, Wed.& Sat. 9:00—11:00a.m.
Zhang Hua is a professor(教授) from Beijing University. He has over twenty years of experience in the computer field.
This course is for those who want to learn to type. You are tested first and when you can practise at one of eight different skill levels. This lets you learn at your own speed. Each program lasts 20 hours. Bring your own paper.
Course fee: 5
Two hours each evening for two weeks. New classes begin every two weeks.
This course is taught by a number of professional teachers.
Have you already tried to improve your English and failed? Do you want to learn English well? Come and this three-month course will help you make it.
Course fee: $ 130
Mon. & Wed. 2:00—5:00
All the teachers are from English-speaking countries.
46. If you choose the Learning Computers course, you’ll have classes _____________.
A. from Monday to Friday
B. on Wednesday and Saturday
C. on January 4,7,12,15
D. in the afternoon every day
47. If you choose the Typing course, you _____________ .
A. should have a test first
B. needn’t bring your own paper
C. can’t learn at your own speed
D. should pay $ 115
48. The Language Study course will last __________.
A. twelve hours
B. two weeks
C. three months
D. three weeks
( B )
What’s the most important thing for you to have in your life? Somebody thinks it’s hard work, others think it’s knowledge, love and luck...
If you arrange(排列) the 26 English letters in order and use numbers to represent (代表)each of them, for example, 1 for a, 2 for b, 3 for c ……26 for z, you can change an English word into a number. So hard work becomes 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11=98,meaning 98 is its mark; knowledge: 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5=96; love: 12+15+22+5=54, and luck: 12+21+3+11=47, a small mark. None of th ese words can give one a full mark. What about money? It can’t, either.
Then what else? Don’t be worried. You can always find an answer to a problem in your life, when you change your way of looking at things or doing things, or your attitude(态度). Yes, attitude is the word. See for yourself; attitude: 1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5=100, a full mark.
Different attitudes lead to different courses of life. Most time people hope for a better life. It is possible that they will have a better life if they change their attitudes. When you change your manner and become friendly towards others, you will meet more smiling faces towards you. In the same way, if you take a positive attitude towards failure, you’ll find it’s also rewarding(有益的) though it has caused your losses.
49. What is the mark of the word “money” according to the passage?
50. According to the passage, if you meet with problems, the best way is to __________.
A. ask for help from others
B. hope to be lucky
C. change your attitude
D. try math-solving ways
51. From the passage we can learn that ___________.
A. different attitudes come from different courses of life
B. sometimes failure can bring you good if you take a positive attitude
C. math can solve every problem easily in our daily life
D. none of the English words except “attitude” is 100 or more
Fifty-five years ago Barbie Millicent Roberts first came out in the world of toys. Since then, Barbie doll, as everyone called her, has become the most famous toy doll in history. Her parent, the Mattel Company, said that 90% of all American girls between 3 and 10 have at least one Barbie at home.
However, Barbie is facing some trouble at present, There are many similar (相似的) dolls on the market in competition with her. Another doll named Bratz, for example, came to life fifteen years ago. She looks more like today’s pop stars with heavy makeup (浓妆) and miniskirts.
It seems that Barbie has lost her magic (魔力)among older girls. “For young girls, playing with a Barbie is much fun. But when you get older, you want something smarter and more modern,” Says Vera Shepherd, a shopkeeper in a New York toy shop.
It is good news that on the international market Barbie is still No. 1. Although Mattel is selling fewer Barbies in the United States these years, sales in other countries are still going up. In January 2009, Mattel opened its first Barbie store in Shanghai, where girls can shop, eat, drink or even become fashion designers for their own Barbies.
Mattel is planning big celebrations for Barbie’s 55th birthday. Fashion designers from all over the world will make new dresses for Barbie. How long will Barbie stay popular in the world of toy dolls? It is hard to say, but 55 is surely not the age to retire (退休).
52. Girls can do the following things in the first Barbie shop in Shanghai except (除了)________.
B. having food
C. drinking juice
D. taking photos
53.What’s the meaning of the underlined words “fashion designers” in the passage?
54. Barbie’s trouble is that_________.
A. it wears heavy makeup and miniskirts.
B. other dolls are more popular with little girls.
C. other dolls are trying to beat her in the market.
D. it is more expensive than the other dolls.
55. What is the best title of the passage?
A. Barbie’s Past and Present
B. First Barbie Shop in the World
C. Barbie’s 55th Birthday Party
D. Barbie Lost Her Magic Now
1. English is one of the most important ______________(语言) in the world.
2. This kind of food made Jessie feel even_____________ (口渴).
3. Could you tell me the ___________(高度)of the Eiffel Tower?